Yesterday I got stuck into this table. Very exciting as it is now starting to come to life. Hopefully the tiles will be in shortly so I can continue on it. For now I’m just happy to have the pattern transferred.
I started outlining some of the borders directly. I think it will end up being partially direct, partially indirect. Thankfully I have a steady enough hand that when I work direct I can generally get a good, even surface. I brought the table inside because it’s too bloody cold outside to work, and I’ll be working on this mostly at night. There was no way I was going outside, at night to work in a Canberra August! So it’ll be interesting when we go to take it out of my studio 😉 It’s so heavy as it is!
I’m excited about this though now. I wasn’t feelin’ the lurve before, but now that I’m starting it’s feeling good. I’m just anxious to get moving on it.
Enlarging the pattern. There are various ways to do this and I think everyone has their way that works best for each different application. With this one I went the old fashioned way of measuring everything out using a ruler and keeping things square with a homemade chalk line. They’re the best! This method of enlarging is easy to do on a flat surface like this…